Its very important to make Proxy and Port setting in IDM, if you are using a Proxy connection or a proxy trick. The proxy configuration in must to start downloading if you are using proxy based connection. Here are the simple steps for configuring proxy in IDM
1. Open the Internet Download Manager(IDM).
2. Click on Options icon on top of IDM.
3. Now click on Proxy tab to configure the proxy.
4. Select "Use HTTP proxy" option
5. Now Fill the Port and Proxy option and click on Ok to save.
If you are using HTTPS proxy select "Use HTTPS Proxy" From the List. You can also import the proxy settings directly from Internet Explorer by Clicking on "Get from IE" button.